Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Totally Abandoned to God

Matthew 4:18-20 tells the story of some professional fishermen being called into their eternal destiny by Jesus Christ.  If you look in your Bible at the last verse, you will notice that the men "at once" left everything and went after Jesus.  They didn't make preparation for their business,  they didn't go home and let their families in on the plan, they just got out of the boat and went. They became totally abandoned to God.  It makes me wonder if I am totally abandoned to God.  What have I left behind in order to fully follow after God?  Have I fully left everything,  have I allowed God total reign? Is there any part of my personal life that still keeps me maybe a little separated from where Jesus wants to take me? Can people who have been around me for a long time tell a difference in me since I started following God? These questions are for you too. What have you sacrificed, what have you put aside to follow after the Master? Take some time to think and pray about these questions.  Ask God if there is anything you are doing or saying,  or not doing or saying,  that's keeping some distance between you and His will for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment